Anything can break, above all when it has many moving parts. That’s why our vehicle clutch service comprises an array of clutch repair works. Our experienced technicians utilised specialist equipment to diagnose and identify your issue.
Typically, wear is most significant on the flywheel, bearings, and pressure plate. Sometimes, we can perform engine clutch repair on the damaged component alone. Other times, you might need a full clutch replacement.
The most common signs that it’s time for a vehicle clutch service include:
· Slipping: When the flywheel wears out, it stops creating adequate friction with the pressure plate. When this happens, you may experience jerks or slipping out of gear. These worn-out signs are likely to be more prominent when you have a heavy load, towing, or when going up a steep grade.
· Sounds: A damaged clutch is typically noisy. If you hear constant grinding or grating sounds when you’re changing the gear, perhaps it’s time to schedule a vehicle clutch repair service.
· Funny smells: Odours, such as that of burning paper, indicate that there may be excessive wear and that you need a clutch inspection.
· Soft pedal: If the pedal feels mushier, there is probably air in your hydraulic system that needs to be taken out. A looser or floppier pedal can indicate a linkage issue. Whatever it is, don’t wait until an accident happens. Have your clutch inspected on time to avoid any potential issue from occurring.
· Sticking: If you have difficulties in shifting gear even when the pedal is pressed all the way to the floor, you might need to replace the linkage or plate.
For some vehicles, these issues could indicate your clutch cable needs repair or adjustment. If your vehicle has a hydraulic clutch, it may need a simple seal or gasket replacing. Common clutch repairs also include resurfacing or replacing the flywheel.
In some cases, though, it could be more economical and reliable to replace the entire clutch assembly.